necessary information for tourists
Please read the information here before any confirmation and cross check if there is anything vague
Tourist visa documents:
There are 2 items needed to get your visa application file ready.
A- Online visa form. Fill out it carefully and submit:
** A wallet size image of you just face (front page passport and a self-image together should be 512 KB and 3*4)
B-Scan of the main page of applicant’s passports
The Passport scan can be sent to us by Email (email@example.com ) but the main visa application form is an online form which you just need to fill it on our website and submit it. Please note that the passport should be valid 6 months after your arrival time in Iran.
***** The passport copies must be clear and completely legible in PDF format to be qualified for MFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs); the passport codes at the bottom of the passport page must be clear.
The visa process:
As soon as the visa documents are sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), it takes 1 week to 10 working days (based on Iranian calendar) to get the visa result.
- This process for American, British and Canadian passport holders takes about 1-2 months (more or less).
If the visa is issued, an authorization code number will be announced to our agency, so you can refer to the expected and chosen Iranian embassy to collect your visa. By having this code, it means that your visa is issued and it works as an invitation letter for the embassies.
*** Kindly pay attention that the visa collection fee in the Iranian Embassies is a governmental fee and not related to the agency, so it is on you to pay. The fee may be negotiable.
***Please pay attention to choose the expected embassy as the visa collection place with accuracy and especial attention because the visa collection process may take about 1 week (more or less).
***Please note that when the visa authorization umber is issued, you have time to refer to the embassy from next 2 days to 25 days, after that the visa number is EXPIRED.
***Please call to the expected embassy to get the updated information and needed documents for the visa collection as soon as your visa is issued.
Please generally pay attention to time and accessibility when you choose the embassy where you want to collect your visa. That is not changeable.
***Gheshm and Kish Islands are free zones; so visa is not needed to enter these places.
Visa for American – Canadian – British
This is the rule for the American, British and Canadian passport holders: they must be joined in a guided tour package. The agency which applies for their visas must arrange the authorized tour guide, fixed hotels, itinerary and any other services that they need during their travel.
- The CV, position and workplace name, all social network accounts for USA people is needed to apply for the visa.
To be able to present you the best possible package:
- You can choose one of our website itineraries.
- Provide us with your interests, expected hotels , guide & car services, travel lengths and estimate of dates (month) and mention number of travelers and the nationality. Then send an email, we are specialist on it.
- The final tour fee is based on the exact travel dates and times and also your preference.
- Having the flight options make us to agree about the final package and rate much sooner.
- Our agency is specialist in customized tours and there are no pre- arranged group tours to be
- Have lower world standards.
- Categorize based on star *
- Inform us in advance to cross check if you are sensitive about any types of facilities and availability.
- You can provide with your list of expected hotels.
- Checking the hotel reviews in internet and travel forums help you to be aware of the hotel qualities in Iran.
Rural houses and hustles as accommodations:
- Equipped with mattress on land (no bed).
- The breakfast is much simpler.
- Mostly equipped with shared bathroom and toilet.
- No elevator at all and have long steps, no TV and shops.
- Most hotels include breakfast.
- Usually fruit is not served and differ based on the level of hotels.
Tour guide hotels:
- There is no guarantee that the guide stays in the same hotel as yours, so if you are sensitive about this, please do not hesitate to inform us in advance.
- Single rooms in Iran hotels are limited, especially at our high season.
Iranian- based tour guides are mostly English-speaking in Iran and the number of guides in other languages such as Spanish – Italian – German – Russian – Japanese – Chinese, etc is so limited.
The sooner your tour is confirmed, the better tour guides will be arranged although all our tour guides are professional and knowledgeable. Please note that the guides working hours are 8 to 9 per day.
The airport/ bus or train terminal transfers are done by private car and driver. If you want to add any tour guide for any transfers, please let us know in advance.
Let us know in advance if you are tall and want the bigger cars.
Tips to guides & drivers:
Can be paid based on your thankfulness and satisfaction and there is no limitation on that.
If you like to know our idea, 5 USD per person per day seems fine.
Meet & Greet:
Our agent /driver is waiting for you with the sign of your name before the flight lands. We will provide you with the contact numbers.
The tickets will be delivered to you by them and also the rest of the fee (as will be agreed) will be received.
Types of cars:
Type of car
Number of seats
Maximum number of passengers
2 or 3 pax
44 seat bus
Iranian foods seem delicious to the travelers.
It is mostly meat – based, but no pork is served in Iran.
In main cities, Chinese, Indian and some foreigner foods are served.
Lack of vegetarian variety.
No alcoholic drinks are served.
Safety and Security in Iran:
Iran is one of the most hassle free and safe countries for the tourists in Middle East, whether women, men, independent traveler or group tours. People are very respectful and friendly toward tourists. Iranian people are considered one of the most hospitable people of the world.
There are online travelogues which contain update travel experiences of tourists traveling to Iran. You might want to check out some of these places.
One of the most famous places is
A modest dress code is all what you need to consider for clothing in Iran. It should cover your body moderately. A pair of lose pants or skirt, a long sleeve blouse, and a head scarf is perfect. Although the men cannot wear shorts, T-shirt is okay in Iran.
Money and Credit cards& currency exchange:
Due to certain reasons there is no possibility to use any kind of the Credit cards or Debit cards in Iran.
All transactions are being done by cash.
Few carpet shops can accept credit cards.
The best currency that you might want to bring with yourself is Euro or USD.
The exchange parity rate is unfortunately not stable in Iran, but you can be updated through this link www.ghasemifard.ir
And to see Iran banknotes, please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_rial
You can exchange your money in the banks.
There are also authorized exchange shops at the airport or streets which are called “Sarrafi” but equal to “Exchange office”
The exchange rate at the airports is much less than exchange offices.
Internet speed is somehow slow in Iran.
Most of Iran hotels except rural houses (in villages) have internet connection / WIFI.
There are coffee nets in streets if you want.
To confirm booking, pay deposit to the hotels are needed. The deposit is different from one hotel to another and some of them will not refund the money if the clients want to cancel. We will inform you if any hotel has such rule while booking the services for you.
The deposit is received to our bank accounts. The rest of the fee is received in cash upon arrival.
– Just cash can be used in Iran, so please take enough cash for agency payment (as will be agreed) and also for your personal usage.
Please take bank notes of over year 2000 because the old ones cannot be changed in Iran.
Please use large dimension bill (100 USD) for your payment as cash.
As there are different requests from clients, the cancelation policy is changeable, but if any cancelation happens from your side, paying the cancelation policy is must even if it is due to sickness, personal and work problems, etc. Because we have to pay the cancelation fee to the hotels, guides and for canceling tickets.
- The domestic flights in Iran are done sometimes with delay and also with cancelation.
- Some attractions may be difficult for some ages and health conditions to be visited, so share any difficulties you have or search about the site difficulties in advance.
- If you face any urgent incident during your trip, contact us at that time to help you anyway.
- Not taking photo of military places, governmental buildings, universities, official people, and police stations would be appreciated.
- You can buy Iranian SIM card and use its internet as well.
- The payment mode, contact numbers, invoice and the agent names will be presented to you before your entrance date.
- The baggage allowance at the domestic airport is 20 KG and 5 KG for hand baggage.
- For domestic flights from Tehran is needed to go to Mehrabad Airport. IKA Airport is specially for international flights.
- Friday is Iranians’ weekend.
- The Iranian New Year starts from March 20th and there is 2 weeks’ holiday called Nowruz which is the most highlighted and crowded time of year.
- The clients do not need to wait long hours and get the entrance tickets per attraction.